Engelswisch, Lübeck

Engelswisch, Lübeck

Monday, June 13, 2011

Not quite, but close!

To finish off the saga of my first batch of yogurt, I was about 50% successful.

I tested it after 9 hours, and it barely tasted tangy. Susan V.'s recipe did warn that it may take up to 12 hours to taste tangy if you used store-bought soy yogurt as a starter, so that didn't concern me.

So, I left it in the incubator for about 13.5 hours, and then it finally tasted tangy enough for me. But, it was still runny. So, I'm channeling my inner European and embracing the concept of drinkable yogurt.

Today I went to the General Store of Our Time, aka Amazon, and ordered up some Agar powder.

Next week will see me again crossing swords with L. Acidophilus, B. Bifidum, L. Bulgaricus and S. Thermophilus! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment